13 Welford Road, Leicester, LE2 7AD
To gain valuable work experience as well as assisting with the smooth and efficient running of Shelter Housing Aid and Research Project (SHARP), mainly through Administrative and Casework assistance. This will include covering reception and administrative duties as necessary, working alongside caseworkers to deliver cases and helping to research and update database information.
- Developing an understanding of the types of enquiries we take and the work we do on client cases
- Photocopying and scanning
- Being proficient in Microsoft Office databases and emails.
- Experience of using client database (Advice Pro)
- Setting up client appointments
- Creating and sending letters to clients
- Completing client feedback via phone
- Researching and updating information
- Comfortable working as part of a team.
- Not limited to the above
- 18yrs +
- Not in employment (We will give priority to long term unemployed 3yrs +)
- Be able to do a minimum of two days a week. Monday and Tuesday or Wednesday and Thursday. For 6 weeks.
Benefits of volunteering:
As a volunteer you will benefit by gaining new skills, work experience, and increasing your confidence and self-esteem. To help towards gaining employment.
Covid 19 measures:
Social distancing in place, hand washing, access to hand sanitiser. Volunteer will have their own workstation. Facemasks to be worn by volunteer coordinator and volunteer while one to one training is undertaken.
For more information please contact Rebecca on 0116 254 6064 or
Apply for the job by visiting https://www.leicesteremploymenthub.co.uk/job-seekers/volunteering/sharp-volunteering/
Apply for the job by emailing your CV + covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org