Arrow Distribution Centre, Harrier Parkway, Magna Park, Lutterworth
VOW is the UK and Ireland’s leading wholesaler of business products and facilities supplies with its headquarters in Sheffield. The company distributes over 24,000 products from its three automated distribution centres in England and Ireland to over 4,000 resellers and customers.
The major product categories distributed by VOW include: Office Essentials, Paper Supplies, Electronic Office Supplies, Facilities Supplies, Technology and Machines and Furniture. VOW also carries it's own brand Q-Connect range.
VOW offers a wide range of business services including marketing initiatives, e-commerce solutions, business development programmes and logistics options, all which help to grow VOW’s Resellers’ businesses.
VOW is part of EVO Group the largest multi-channel distributor of business supplies and services in the industry with unparalleled reach and experience in the UK, EVO Group provides sourcing, storage and fulfilment services to over 20,000 resellers, corporate organisations and direct customers through VOW, VOW RETAIL, Banner and Truline.
To ensure that customer orders are picked, packed and dispatched to meet Company standards, customer requirements and deadlines.
Summary of Role Responsibilities:
- To carry out all given tasks accurately and efficiently to meet company standards within pick/pack/despatch/Goods In/Putaway.
- To undertake and complete any training required in line with operational requirements.
- To work as part of an operational team ensuring service levels & objectives are met.
- Adhere to all Company procedures and policies.
- To inform Team Leader/Warehouse Supervisor of any defects relating to Health and Safety on either equipment or with processes.
- Ensure all stock is stored in line with the WMS at all times.
- Stock control.
- General housekeeping within the warehouse, ensure all work areas are clean, safe and tidy.
- Any other duties as and when required.
- Experience working in a Warehouse and/or Distribution Centre – we look for the right attitude first and experience secondary
- An understanding of basic Health and Safety within the warehouse environment
- Basic PC skills – training available
- Fork Lift Truck Licence – Counter balance and/or Reach Truck – training available
- Previous experience of a WMS in particular MLS – training given
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills- written and verbal
- Physically fit; all tasks require a degree of walking, standing, lifting or stretching. Some heavy lifting may be involved
- Basic numeracy and literacy
- Able to work as part of a team
- Flexible attitude to working hours and willing to do overtime when necessary
- Proactive/self-starter/ self-motivated
- High levels of common sense
- High levels of integrity and honesty
- Positive approach to change and good sense of humour
- Flexible and enthusiastic with a “can do” attitude
NOTE: The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
Hours per week
We are currently recruiting warehouse operatives for the following shifts:- 06:00 – 14:00, Mon-Fri, 37.5 hours per week, salary: £19,074.66 (£9.75ph) 14:00 – 22:00, Mon-Fri, 37.5 hours per week, salary £21,031.27 (10.75ph) 16:00 – 24:00, Mon-Fri, 37.5 hours per week, salary £21,031.03 (£10.75ph) 22:00 – 06:00, Sun-Thurs, 37.5 hours per week, salary £21,520.13 (£11.00ph)
Apply for the job by emailing your CV + covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org