88 Northampton Rd, Market Harborough LE16 9HF
• To provide high standards of childcare and education, to include providing a safe, caring environment to enable the development of the whole child through individual attention and group activities.
• To work under the direction of the Nursery Manager and follow the guidelines set down by Ofsted and the EYFS.
• To promote the aims and objectives of Caterpillar Day Nursery Ltd
• Direct responsibility for all the children within the club
• Team work
• Liaise with parent and carers Key Accountabilities:
• To deliver a programme of activities suitable to the age range of the children in conjunction with other staff
• Deliver a programme of childcare which meets legislative standards and considers children from differing cultures, religious backgrounds and those who may have additional needs
• To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and to follow the child protection procedures adopted by the Company.
• To be responsible for the Health and Safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children.
• To ensure confidentiality of information received
• Demonstrate positive and proactive attitudes and behaviours throughout the club.
• Liaise with parents, other carers and staff to help ensure that the particular needs of children are met.
• Ensure the club environment is safe, hygienic, tidy and well presented at all times.
• Ensure all Company policies and procedures are followed correctly e.g. recording of accidents and the collection of children.
• Assist with meal preparation and serving in line with food hygiene standards
• Ensure mealtimes are a valuable social occasion.
• To assist with drop off and collection of children from their primary schools. (Driving the minibus if over 25 years and with a clean driving licence, only on the direct permission/instruction from the Company Directors).
• Supervising toileting, hand washing and changing of children as required.
• To attend staff meetings, training sessions and promotional events outside normal working hours.
• To attend all courses that are required, as requested by the OOSC Manager/Directors. Other Accountabilities:
• Any other duties as reasonably requested by the business in line with the development of Caterpillar Day Nursery Ltd.
• To take responsibility for personal compliance and align with Company Health and Safety Policies, ensuring safe working practices are maintained which minimise the risk to self, work colleagues, parents, carers and children.
Framework and Boundaries:
• Work within Caterpillar Day Nursery Ltd’s policies, processes and competencies.
• To continually work towards developing skills professionally and to obtain relevant qualifications in line with Government legislation.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: 1. Education & Qualifications
• Paediatric First Aid (12 hours)
• Basic Food Hygiene
Training Not essential for this role but desirable:
• Evidence of further level NVQ level 2 / 3 / 4 qualifications or equivalent (+GCSE Mathematics and English or equivalent)
2. Skills & Abilities
• Analytical skills, with an aptitude for problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution. Able to deal with Children, Parents, colleagues
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing across a range of different audiences
3. Experience & Knowledge
• Experience with dealing with possible risks when dealing with specialist provision, predicting maintenance and keeping the environment safe
• Ability to empathise with the pupils, the parents and other stakeholders
4. Core Qualities
• Self-Awareness - learns continuously and effectively adapts behaviour in relation to feedback
• Personal Effectiveness: makes things happen; operates with resilience, flexibility and integrity
• Communication: shares and listens to information, opinions and ideas, using a range of effective approaches • understands customer needs and responds appropriately
5. Other Requirements
• Commitment to promoting equality and diversity across the business sites.
1. Education & Qualifications • Paediatric First Aid (12 hours) • Basic Food Hygiene • Safeguarding Training Not essential for this role but desirable: • Evidence of further level NVQ level 2 / 3 / 4 qualifications or equivalent (+GCSE Mathematics and English or equivalent)
Hours per week
Mon - Fri 8am to 9am & 3pm- 4pm or Mon- Fri 7.30am- 9am & 3pm- 6pm
Apply for the job by emailing your CV + covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org