£9.91 - £10.21 per hour
Diwali Nivas - 38 Westcotes Drive, Leicester, LE3 0QR
To ensure the building, garden, fixture & fittings, equipment and facilities are maintained to a high standard across both residential care homes.
To respond promptly to requests for repair.
To advise on the timely replacement of deteriorating plant and equipment.
To respond promptly to repairs across all residential tenanted properties.
Garden maintenance, including:
- ensuring the well-kept appearance of lawns and shrubs
- keeping all hedges and fences in good condition
- keeping all paths and car park clear
- adding plants and shrubs when and where agreed
- perform tests on the fire alarm system
- perform tests on the nurse call system
- check mouse-traps
- service vacuum cleaners and equipment filters
- check batteries and replace where necessary
- check hot water and radiator temperatures, and adjust if necessary
- clean fly traps, extractor fan filter and waste disposal
- check job book / repair book for outstanding jobs
Promptly repair items as per the maintenance list which will include
- painting and decorating
PAT testing of appliances
Assist in carrying out risk assessments
Redecoration as required and agreed
Major carpet cleaning
Building and repairing furniture
Arrange for professional and specialist maintenance services as required.
Such other general duties as may be reasonably requested
Hours per week
30 – 40 hours a week.
Apply for the job by emailing your CV + covering letter to Alpa.Chauhan@leicester.gov.uk