£9.10 per hour offering permanent contacts either part time or full time
Leicester. Options available in Aylestone and Evington
Main Objectives of the post:
- To be aware of the Residents and Homes needs
- To ensure that the Home is cleaned and maintained to a high standard in accordance to the Care Homes’ guidelines, in addition to the individual needs and requirements of the residents.
- To promote the good name of the home
- To ensure all public areas, lounges, dining room and corridors are cleaned regularly.
- To clean residents bedrooms considering their rights to privacy.
- To clean all bathrooms and WC’s as specified by the manager.
- To wax and shampoo carpets as required.
- To empty and clean waste bins in all areas.
- To replenish supplies as is necessary e.g. (toilet rolls, soap, towels)
- To inform manager of stock requiring replenishment.
- Polishing of mirrors, brass plates on doors and furniture (as applicable).
- Dusting of all ledges, pictures, high areas and skirting boards.
- To operate and maintain mechanical cleaning aids e.g. vacuum and cleaning machines in accordance with operating instructions.
- To ensure equipment is left clean and safe when not in use.
- To always be alert and use your own initiative, spot clean any spillages as they occur.
- To follow the Companies policies and procedures i.e. COSHH and Health and Safety
- Participate in Staff and residents meetings as and when required.
Training & Development:
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- Participate in relevant NVQ training to achieve required qualifications.
Health & Safety:
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any significant incident.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Home’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the Care Home.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care home.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensure the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined time scales.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
** This list is not exhaustive; you may be required to carry out duties not mentioned but are essential to the smooth running of all our homes.
Hours per week
Either 8am – 3pm or 9am -3pm
Apply for the job by emailing your CV + covering letter to Alpa.Chauhan@leicester.gov.uk